Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tomato Soup

I love tomato soup. I don't think my husband had an idea of my enthusiasm for soup when we married. I think my soup obsession might be a tad over the top (oh well). I love to cook and consider soup to be included in the "comfort food category". I had some left over roma tomatoes that were looking a little sad and decided that they needed to be sacrificed for tomato soup. Fortunately, I also had some basil that was looking a little sad, too.

I followed this recipe (loosely) and made a fabulous soup with crostinis. Even the BABY liked it... whoo hoo!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-tomato-basil-soup-recipe/index.html

Here's my opinion in regards to following a recipe. USE WHAT YOU HAVE. I didn't have any fresh thyme leaves. Did my family enjoy the soup less without the thyme? No.
Try this soup. It rocks with the roasted tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment