Sunday, October 23, 2011

Spoken like a woman with nanny

I'll admit that I love Bethenny Frankel... or at least I used to. I frequently check bethenny.com to see what new recipes and inspiration she has going on. Let's face it, as a former globe trotter (the vacationing kind, not the basketball playing kind) I can appreciate a low cal cocktail. Hell I could use one right now (spare me the judgement, having an "active" toddler takes it toll). So when I saw that Bethenny was on the cover of parenting magazine I had to check it out.

Then I saw it... she literally said " 'I have no idea what I’m doing, but is it really that hard?' she says of new motherhood". Spoken like a woman with a baby nurse and a nanny. Spoken like a woman who wasn't awake at 3 AM googling "colic" while her child screamed uncontrollably in his bed. Really? Isn't that hard? What kind of bullshit is that? Being a Mom (or at least a good one) is all kinds of hard.

I'm a working Mom and just dealing with Monday through Friday is exhausting. Do we have enough diapers for the week? What about the dog food? What am I going to make for dinner? For lunch? Why does the baby have a runny rose? Is he getting sick? Does he have allergies? A constant monologue runs in my head all day. I'm always wondering about the state of my family, about how I can get more done, about how I can retain my sanity in the process.

So, sorry Bethenny Frankel, I guess I'm not as good a Mom as you are. To me, motherhood is hard. Especially when Cam has a cold or an ear infection I'm up with him every night for 10 days. You see, the nanny's off duty at Chez Chaos. It's a self service household. I guess motherhood is pretty easy when you have professional help 24/7. Must be nice.

For those of you who want to read the issue of parenting magazine, here's the link.

http://www.parenting.com/gallery/bethenny-frankel-baby-bryn?pnid=491526


No comments:

Post a Comment